Wednesday, December 14, 2011

FINALLY!

Until the past few months, I spent a good year trying to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with my life. And I've found it. You've experienced a little of my joy with my new job and it was thoroughly reinforced last Friday.

I completed my management training a week and a half ago and spent last week at a drive-through store. What a fine example of controlled chaos, on Friday there were 11 people on the floor including myself, and every time I turned around, everyone was doing their job and getting the orders out and correctly. From someone who wasn't used to working at the specific store, it was impressive to watch. I was on the drive-through head-set taking orders. And all week long I had an urge to sing to the customer ordering. Well, I'm not one to suppress an urge, so after looking at the video camera and not being sure if the customer was fully at the order screen, I just started singing. "Good morning! Good morning! It's so nice to have you back in town! Good morning, good morning! To you!" He ordered with a smile in his voice and came to the pick-up window with a smile on his face. He said my singing totally made his morning and that he was just going to sit there and listen until I stopped. I also got a few customers to sing over the head-set with me. We have a drink called the Fa La Latte and when a few people ordered I got them to sing "Fa la la la la la la la latte!" It was awesome! The manager of that location first jokingly asked if I had forgotten to take my meds that morning, then later told me that he wanted me on order-taker every day.

I emailed my boss about it that night. And he replied in all caps "I LOVE IT SARAH!!!!" and passed it onto his boss. It feels so amazingly awesome to be working for a company that lets my freak flag fly! And I get praised for it!

FINALLY!!

Chuck said that I look alive when I talk about my job. I'm so stoked to be taking over my own store next week and I am going to keep singing to my customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment