Friday, February 3, 2012

That Was SOOOOO Not OK

I don't know if ya'll are clued in to what has been going on with the Susan G. Komen Foundation and Planned Parenthood. But if you want clues on how to successfully implode your organization, read the following article. I give you the genius workings of Susan G. Komen

First I'm sure you can guess that I myself was appalled and pissed and damn right I signed the petition against them taking away their funding. In the comment part of signing I wrote something like "Cancer isn't selective why should healthcare be? It's shocking and disappointing to see that you have sunk to the pressure and taking away something that has helped so many women."

Secondly, the following video is so frank and honest, it brought tears to my eyes. This woman has more balls than I could ever hope for. She is real, she is brave and she is beautiful. I hope someone hugs her tonight. Watch the video to see pure courage.

And lastly, it makes me proud to have the views I have. To know that I'm not the only one, to know that I expect others to have the opportunities that I am given, to know that if enough people cause a commotion, we will be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment