Thursday, April 11, 2013

3 Good Things

I've been having an internal tug-of-war for a while now. One side, I love my life. On the other, people are getting pregnant, engaged, married and I'm doing none with no plans for any of that.

I know, I know. Waaaahhhhhmmmbulance. Cry me a river, grass is always greener, these are first world problems, bla bla bla. But doesn't a girl get a little "when is it my turn?" whining once in a while?

No? Not at all? Well apparently not. Because a few nights ago when I was silently crying in bed and Chuck noticed, he hugged me and said "Babe, we have it good. We don't need to be married to have a healthy relationship. We have a good house filled with love and 2 children that need us. Now go to sleep, it will all seem small in the morning."

And he was right. Damnit. I'm lucky in love in so many ways. Now quit yer bithcin', Riley. (I even wrote a whole post all woe-is-me that night. Have since deleted it. Turns out all that was a moo point. A cow's opinion. Just didn't matter after a bit.)

So in the spirit of years past, when I was down and out and needed self-help cheering-up, here are my 3 good things from today.
1. I wore bright blue tights and dress to work today. With the snow in April, I woke up and looked out the window and thought "Screw you Mother Nature. I'm looking cute today."
2. I got in some solid reading time today. I'm reading the newest Jodi Picoult book. I love her writing. And after this, I'll probably get in some solid reading time in bed. With wine.
3. I talked on the phone with my best friend tonight. It was only 13 minutes and it was mostly about a trip we're all going on next month, but God, I love talking to him. It's like we saw each other yesterday, we laugh and make fun of each other in an adoration sort of way.

Life is good. Life keeps moving. I just need to stay in it and focused on the awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment