Friday, May 3, 2013

Am I?

"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

"Forgiving isn't something you do for someone else. It's something you do for yourself. It's saying, You're not important enough to have a stranglehold on me. It's saying, You don't get to trap me in the past. I am worthy of a future."

I read both of those quotes in two different books lately and they have really stuck with me. Am I at a point in my life where I am ready to forgive, let go, move on, no longer hold that resentment? Am I willing to forgive not to give the satisfaction to someone else, but for me to move onward and upward?

And then there is this one, "A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

I'm so thoughtful tonight. Funny that all these great quotes aren't mine. But they are making me think nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment