So same day, totally different post.
It's Mother's Day and I love my mom so freaking much. She gets smarter, cooler, more amazing the older I get. Or perhaps I just get more humble and more willing. Perhaps.
Top 10 Reasons My Mom Rocks (in sporadic order)
1. She is a dedicated nurse and that dedication translates into her daily life.
2. She loves to read. LOVES IT. And lucky for me, has passed that gene on and I love to read too.
3. She is adventurous and will try almost anything once.
4. She is loyal and will put her loved ones before herself.
5. She is funny. A dork but a funny dork. The best kind.
6. She has kept a house and the same house at that, over my head through the toughest times in her life. And she did it head up and heart open.
7. She can create colorful, amazing, gorgeous quilts that look like works of art. And lately, without a pattern, she can just look at the fabric and go. It's impressive.
8. Her heart always has room for one more. It's big and welcoming and beautiful.
9. She loves to sing. It's endearing to watch and listen to.
10. She loves me. She has taught me so much, instilled good values in my heart, urged my mind to reach for more, nurtured my soul with color and beauty. Has always stood behind me and supported me. But even more she has stood beside being my confidant, my friend.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you more than I could ever say!