Friday, May 21, 2010

Farewell, my superhero

Dear Grandpa,

When I was little you were bigger than life. You could do no wrong, you were a superhero, you were a man who knew everything and could accomplish anything you set out to do. Time marches on and a quote from one of my favorite movies "pretty soon you realize it's marching across your face." I don't remember when you got old. But I do know your spirit and mind stayed as young and spry as it possibly could. You'd hunt with the boys and golf with the Uff-Da Open gang forever if life would allow it. But sadly, we all grow old, everyone has to stop doing things we love when our bodies won't allow it any more. I want you to know that no matter how old you ever were, you were always my superhero Grandpa to me. I like to believe that after we die, we go somewhere to relive the happiest times in our lives over and over again. We're healthy, young, insanely happy and that everyone who was important at those periods of time is somehow there. How that's possible, I have no idea. But Grandpa, I hope you are happy, healthy and loved where ever you may be. Know that you are loved by many still left on this planet. We all will miss you until we meet again.

Forever in my heart,
Your granddaughter, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment