Tuesday, November 2, 2010

VOTE!

And you better believe I did! I proudly stuck that red circle sticker to my chest when I walked out the door. I had kept my sticker from the Obama election until some time this past winter in my wallet. I was a little sad when the sticky finally dried up and it fell off. I was extremely proud that I had something to do with putting that man in office.

Don't complain if you don't vote! And we all know that isn't going to stick. As Americans there is always something to crap on in our government, but if you voted you know you at least did your part.

Now seeing as how I think humor makes everything better, click here. It's pictures from John Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. That rally was classic! Just as outlandish and ridiculous as nimrod Glenn Beck's rally to restore honor. Only this one was had a sense of humor and people who are willing to fight for equal rights. (Sidebar, I heard someone say once "I think Sarah Pallin has good ideas." My response? "Anyone who doesn't give everyone equal rights does not have good ideas.")

If you didn't know it already, I'm fairly certain you now know where I stand politically. But no matter your views, VOTE!

1 comment:

  1. Voting is a right and a privilege-but also the commitment you make to your country to be a part of what the forefathers had in mind when they set up the rules we live by and part of your obligation as a citizen of the country. And, you are correct to say that if you do not vote, you cannot complain. I am proud of you that you take this seriously-Grandpa would be proud, too. Wear the sticker with pride-I do.

    ReplyDelete