Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A GREAT day

Yesterday was Memorial Day. And that was a day that my mom usually called to remind me to call my Grandpa, the WWII vet, and wish him a happy Memorial day. Didn't have to call this year. Very odd. Yet I did call my Grandma Jan and wish her a happy one, that day may have been hard for her without Gramps. I can't fathom waking up without your partner of many many years and learning to go about your life.

On a slightly more uplifting note, I had a wonderful Memorial day. I spent it with my beau and his kids. We got up early and went and picked up my mom's canoe, after a stop for McDonald's breakfast. It was late morning when we got the boat in the water, the lake was filled with people, bikes, boats, smiles, cold drinks, laughter. We canoed through Calhoun, Isles, and into Cedar. Took a peek at Hidden Beach, said hi to all the fishies near the surface of the water, enjoyed the shade under the bridges and trees.

And it's not a trip to a Minneapolis lake without some ice cream from Lake Harriet. Seriously, best ice cream in town. And yes I think it's better than Sebastian Joe's, partly for it's prices. We sat and people watched and shared our ice cream with the little one.

And as if we didn't have enough water time, we decided to go swimming once we got back to the apartment. Which I always enjoy and so do both kids. The 3 (his girls and me that is) of us are total water babies and now that we have rafts it's so much more fun!

Then it was dinner time, bed time, wine time. I could have days like that with those exact people over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment