Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a difference a year makes.

About this time of year last summer I was falling in a bar in front of the "Beautiful Marlon Brando Bartender" and he picked me up off the floor, dirty beer stained dress and all. Don't know that story? Click here.

And this year.... it's Saturday night, I've just finished work, and all I wanted to do tonight was go back to my beau's apartment and hang with him and his daughters. By the time I had walked in the door, the little one was asleep, but the "Tween" as she likes to be called since she just turned 9 sat up and chatted about the day with us while Chuck (I don't know if I've ever mentioned the beau's name before) and I had a late dinner of rice and veggies. Tomorrow is a belated birthday party for the Tween and we are all very excited. Leaving for work this morning was the last thing I wanted to do. The sofa bed was pulled out from our movie night last night, they were all still in their jammies watching Saturday morning TV and the remnants of our pancake breakfast was left on the table.

This is my happiness, it's perfect with it's imperfections. I'll take it's ooopses, and flaws. I didn't think I'd ever find a happiness like this, but this is soooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment