Saturday, March 5, 2011

Staying Positive

I was going to vent in this post about a semi-frequent customer who is rude and righteous every time she comes in to my store. But then I'm reminded of what my friend Liz said when I was complaining about her, "Just remember she's that way because she probably has no friends. I mean, who wants to be friends with someone who hates the world like that?"

Truth.

So moving on.

It was Chuck's birthday this past week and I'd consider it a success. My mom took us and the girls out for dinner to a new and local pizza joint and then afterward Chuck and I went out for a few beers. I've always thought I was a good gift giver, but this time I think I did the best I have yet! I got Chuck a wok and he LOVES it! He's said that he may never use a another pan again. It's so cute to watch him cook with it, the clean it and oil it up again. I think he has a crush. On a kitchen pan. Awe.

Work is moving right along. I'm still on the lookout for another opportunity but I haven't been looking that hard lately. Looking for a new job is wearing. And I just have to consider myself lucky sometimes that I have a job that I like and that I'm good at. I'm just not going to close the doors to other things.

I am itching for less snow. I'm not going to complain here about how much the winter sucks and about how damn cold it always is. Because I like winter. We've just had so much of it this year. I'm ready to have on a winter oat but not the heavy one. I'm ready to wear boots but not my Sorels. I'm ready to wear a pashmina for a scarf and not one of my home-made really warms ones. I'm ready for it to be 33-38 degrees and not 2-12. Baby steps. Maybe if this is all I ask for, Mother Nature will exceed my expectations. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment