Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Little Piece

My grandpa's birthday was on Wednesday, and some time this spring will be the one year anniversary since he passed. I have a few items of his that are in my desk in memorium, his dog tags, a pocket knife, a photo. I also have jewelery from my grandma, photos of us, some of her scarfs. Last Spring when we were going through Grandpa's things I took his copy of A People's History of the United States 1492-Present by Howard Zinn. It was a book that I've always hoped I'd enjoy but have never picked it up for no particular reason other than I'm afraid it will read like a text book.

I'm a tad bored today and need something new to read so I picked that book off my shelf and sat down. And found this on the first page.

He had his own stamp. This book now has to stay with me. Another little piece of him in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment