Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I've been saying I'm a lucky gal for a while now, and for good reason. My man treats me so well. But there are two other people who are more lucky than I, Chuck's two daughters, Special K and Little One. He is the best dad out there and he is all theirs!

When I was asked if I wanted to meet his daughters last year, I felt so honored to be allowed to see that sacred relationship. He loves them so much that a person watching the three of them interact can feel it. He's calm and patient. He's caring and nurturing. He speaks to them as equals while at the same time being the parent as well. He teaches, guides, and lets them explore. He snuggles and sings goofy songs about toes and polka dot pj's. He is there for the Student of the Month celebrations and for the bed time stories. He will take them in an embrace and not only does the child relax into his arms, but a little bit of tension leaves him too. He praises them for the wonderful little kid things that they do. He teases, jokes, tickles, and hugs.

I feel so lucky to be a part of their lives. I date a great man, but he is great because he is a wonderful father. As we are getting Little One to say "My daddy is the shizzle!"

Happy Father's Day, Chuck! Always know you are an awesome dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment