Friday, July 8, 2011

Perfection

Tonight was the stuff of "I wishes." It was the stuff of unplanned wonderfulness and the stuff of childhood memories you hold dear in your heart as you grow old. We had no plans, it took us longer to get home than planned thanks to a little stop at Target. One, cause we needed sandals and two cause we needed a break from the no air-conditioned car, (cause we couldn't wait another block and a half to our apartment.)

We had nothing on the agenda; maybe swimming, maybe a dance party, maybe dinner and a movie at home. Turns out we did none of those things, but the evening was fab nonetheless. I read on the porch with wine and my sunglasses, and actually took a little 5 mintue snooze. Little One watched all of 15 minutes of Shrek 2 and then was over it. Special K attempted to lock herself in her room so she could jam out to some Katy Perry and Lady Gaga on KDWB. My sweet partner wasted some time playing Angry Burds, which I have been known to do from time to time.

But the best part was when everyone joined me on the porch. The movie was off, the solo dance party was through, Angry Birds were tired, and I got company. And it just got better from there.

Little One wasn't allowed out on the patio unless she put on her Tinker Bell nightgown. Special K asked our opinions on the last 7 and upcoming latest Harry Potter movies. Chuck and I giggled at the girls, at us, at little jokes that sprang up that only somone who has the dirty knowledge that college can bring you will understand. We snuck each others seats as the other person left to grab something from inside. We watched the sunset from our 12th story highrise. We got all glisteny from the wonderful humid evening.

The night was perfection. With it's comments of "no you can't have a popsicle" and questions of "who's a better professor Lupin or Madeye?" (If you don't know who I'm referrring to, look here) and sang songs like Down By the Bay..." I wouldn't trade tonight for anything. Flowing conversation, goofy music, and good company.

Bliss, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment