Thursday, June 4, 2009

Looking back

Last week at some point I was sitting in my apartment doing nothing in particular and I started going through my old blog posts. I went all the way back to the first one and moved forward. Man, did I hate living in Las Cruces. It says something about the town you live in when your favorite part of your day is going to work. And not that it's a bad thing, but I hated it so much that I made myself find at least 3 good things a day to write about so I wouldn't be complaining all the time. Now granted there were a few other things going on in my life too that led to my unhappiness but still.

They say where you live is all about location location location. And now I firmly believe that. I am in a city I love, I'm in a prime location where I can ride my bike to work, and I have public transportation right outside my door. And I just love it here so much more than the desert.

Since I've moved home I haven't had the need to find 3 good things a day because I am no longer that unhappy. My daily life is just good and I can look at it as a whole, rather than bits a pieces. Even though it really is the little things that make it all worth while. But now there are more and more good little things that make up my day rather than 3 things that I had to find to make me happy.

However, in the spirit of my old posts, today's 3 good things are
1. I have a new haircut and feel very sassy.
2. I am going on vacation in a week and can't hardly wait!
3. I close today which means I got to sleep-in a bit this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's SO how I felt when I lived in Los Alamos. I really, really hated it, but I had to try to be positive whenever I could just to stay sane.

    I am so glad you are so much happier now (I am too, being back in Albuquerque), but I sure do miss you!

    ReplyDelete