Saturday, April 30, 2011

Song Challenge Day 2

Day 2 is the opposite of day 1, today is your least favorite song. Easy peasy for me, I heard this song on the Current all the time last summer and fall and it drove me crazy. Chuck even called in to request that they stop playing it. "Right now?" the DJ asked. "No." said Chuck. "Stop playing it period. Like never hear it again." The DJ was totally thrown off and mumbled something like he can't do that or he'll try. Needless to say it didn't work.

Behold the bad lyrics, the mediocre song story and the awful chorus that makes my teeth itch that is a song entitled XXXO by M.I.A.

I understand that you are trying to say that you want hugs and kisses but seriously repeating 2 letters over and over again is the best you can come up with?! That is just plain pitiful.

I know there are other songs I'm not fond of like that Trace Adkins song called Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (no one can sing about asses like Sir Mix-A-Lot) and that dumb James Blunt song called Beautiful, (a little tid bit of info for you, a few years ago that song was in the top 10 wedding songs for the year. I guess no one listened to the lyrics, he is stoned, riding the train and lusting after another man's wife. Bad karma to dance to on your wedding day.) But currently in my life this XXXO song takes the cake.

2 comments:

  1. song that drives me nuts-Maggie May by rod Stewart-too jarring -makes my skin crawl

    ReplyDelete