The day of gluttony and thanks has come and gone and it was a ginormous success. 16 people, at least 6 bottles and 2 boxes of wine, a case and half of beer, 2 turkeys, 7 pounds of potatoes mashed to perfection, so many green beans and broccoli it was a green veggie delight, much laughter and stories, and very very full bellies. It was such a good day. Chuck's aunts and uncle came over along with 4 cousins, my lovely mama, 3 friends from my old job and 1 friend from the new. And I bought a new dining room table that is big and wooden and shiney and nearly big enough to seat us all. I took maybe a dozen pictures but only of the food. I didn't get a single picture of the people that came. Perhaps I was having too much fun cooking and enjoying our wonderful company.
In spirit of the day, what I'm thankful for right now.
1. The 3 amazing souls that live in my house. My life became more than I ever thought it could be when they came into my life.
2. My mom. She and I both have started a new job around the same time and I'm so proud of her to take a chance on something new. She's a pretty cool lady.
3. My new job. I am thinking I am a lucky gal to not only be employed but to be employed in a job that I like and is supportive of it's employees.
4. My friends and the new ones I've recently made at my job. I love making new friends and knowing I will remain connected with old ones.
5. The new little booty slippers that a friend of mine gave me yesterday, They're so soft and cozy and homemade.
6. Being able to let my creative side flow.
7. Sleep. I think sleep is always on my list but I love it. And I love that I can sleep anywhere, not that I do. But I can.
8. My partner in crime, adventure, secrets of my heart, laughter and understanding. I couldn't ask for a better person to hug every day when I come home.
9. Coffee and water. Coffee keeps me going and water tastes so darn good.
10. The fact that I am starting to enjoy running. But shhhhh, don't say it to loud, I don't want to scare it away.
Write down 5 things you're thankful for today, carry it with you for a while. It'll help keep a smile on your face.