Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some of the people that come into my work

I saw some pretty odd things/people the past couple days at work that no one should ever see out in public let alone anywhere.
1. A girl no more than 20, probably 6 months pregnant with a pair of jeans on. But not maternity jeans. Regular jeans and the jeans were fully unbuttoned and unzipped, so much that I saw her underwear. Her leopard print underwear. Yep. Believe it. It happened. News flash, preggers - put on sweat pants!
2. The same day there was a fella with a fantastic old school Billy Ray Cyrus mullet. But that isn't the best part. He was kneeling down in the New Age section and almost had his whole ass hanging out of the back of his jeans. Hey Billy Ray, wear a belt! And can't he feel a draft?! C'mon!
3. On an up note I met a very sweet old woman who opened up a bit of her life to me. She comes in about once a week and flips through the country CDs. Her hair is styled the same every time, neat and pinned. And today she was dressed all in red with a big pin on that said "Red, White but not Blue!" and had a republican elephant on it. As we got to talking she told me how she was raised by her single mom because dad was in a VA hospital because he fought in World War I. She had three older brothers, all who were in WW II. And as a child she asked her mom if her brothers were going to come home. Here mother said "Oh absolutly." And they all did. She raised her children and was a stay-at-home mom. And she said that being a stay-at-home mom sometimes made her feel dumb because she wasn't working. But her when her son left for college he told her that she was the best and he was so thankful for all she did.
I think I saw her eyes get a little teary. But I don't think she was fully talking to me. I think she was remembering and taking herself back through her lovely life and I was lucky enough to get a glimpse of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment