Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sunday before I hit the road

Days of work I have left -2
Boxes I have packed and/or moved -at least 20 (not all mine, mind you)
How many beers I have consumed whilst packing - not enough
Level of emotions experienced in all of this -it's off the scale

After crying from saying good-bye to friends, having a good girls evening with several glasses of wine with Katya and Jamie, Thanks girls. I had a fantastic time.) and being excited and nervous about moving in general, those have all taken a back seat to my new discovery. I'm now nervous that I won't be able to fit everything in the car. I've already sent many things home in the mail and will be sending at least two more boxes. But goodness, after all that I still have a lot of stuff. We'll make it fit, it has to. We can't come back and get it. Simple as that.

I'm reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. It's good so far, a little slow moving but I'm not even 50 pages in. This book is in the Buddhism section at work and the quote on the cover says "The provocative, profound, and deeply affecting modern classic that has inspired millions." I'll let you know if I agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment