Sunday, April 19, 2009

After hours

It is nearly 1am and I don't feel like going to sleep. What the hell? I can fall asleep almost anywhere in a matter of minutes if given the opportunity. But tonight I just don't feel like it.

I already drank the 2 beers I had in my house, I've watched several hours of FRIENDS, have even read a chapter of my book. And alas, I'm still up.

So.... I'll blog a bit.

Now would be a good time to do some actual writing, not just this stream-of-conscious stuff, but work on my up coming assignment. But no. I don't feel like it. Or perhaps I'm just doing something I'm really good at, procrastination.

I'm reading Gone With The Wind. My mom has been trying to get me to read it for years. Years. And I just haven't wanted to. Well that isn't entirely true. I tried once, it wasn't what I felt like reading at the time. But mostly it's the fact that it is such a big book. It's intimidating to pick up a book so long, you think "Holy crap I'll never finish 1000 plus pages!" But she gave it to me for Christmas, and seeing as how I claim to be such a book lover, and this surly falls under the classic category, I figured now is as good a time as any. I'm 50 pages in and am truly enjoying it. I'm looking forward to all the parts I love from the movie. And I really like the writing. The descriptions of the scenery and characters is just beautiful. If I can get past the fact that this book is so big, I know I'm going to love it!

Work is starting to get really busy. When it's nice out, everyone downtown leaves the office for lunch and we get slammed. I don't mind though, makes the hours go by much faster. Every day I have people I want to blog about, like the guy who wanted a refund because we put a lid on his drink and that wasn't environmentally sound. But at the end of the day, I couldn't care less about those types of people. They are just a wrinkle in my day full of laughter and great people watching.

Spring has sprung here and it's gorgeous outside! I'm waiting for the first spring rain, I love that smell. And the sound it makes, and the way everything seems a bit more fresh afterward. It's time for flip-flops and cute shirts again!

Tomorrow is Sunday. I love Sundays, not really sure why at the moment. But for the past few weeks my Sundays have been good for no particular reason. I guess the karma gods are liking me lately. I hope I just didn't j-i-n-x myself there.

All right. Maybe if I just turn off the lights, lay down, and listen to the late-night sounds of the city which is my favorite kind of white noise, I'll drift away to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment