Sunday, April 5, 2009

A simple Sunday post

I haven't written in nearly 6 days. I don't have much to say. I can hear you thinking "Well that is nearly impossible. Sarah never shuts up." But I've noticed that when I'm settled and calm, and happy, I have less to say. Less to complain about, perhaps. But then again, why don't I write when things are good? Maybe I don't find a need to talk things out as much when things are good. Maybe.

I'm obsessed with the TV show Dexter right now. OBSESSED! It is so good, and I spent Friday evening and Saturday afternoon watching both discs that I had from Netflix. Seriously, this show is so suspenseful and now I have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when the next discs come. Who needs cable when I can watch 8 straight hours of the same show and be completely entertained?!

The weather has been questionable lately. I mean really, Mother Nature, it's April, let me put away my winter coat and hat. Scarves and sweater could stay for maybe another week. But after that, let it get into the 50's. You know us Minnesotans, you let it get in the 40's or 50's and we got shorts and flip flops on! Quit teasing us, and give us Spring!

I discovered what the deal is with the dogs around/in my apartment. (I don't remember if I've written anything about it, but my place doesn't alloy dogs, yet I've seen a few in and around the building.) According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, if a person has a doctor's note saying that they need to dog to be healthy (or whatever. And yes I'm a bit bitter.) then the apartment has to let them have a dog no questions asked. And I'm sorry, can you really tell me that a Shitzu is a good "helper" dog?! I don't think so! I just need to find a doctor to say I need a dog for companionship and I'm in. Although that is bordering on crazy. Just a bit.

I am reading Michael J. Fox's newest book Always Looking Up, and it's good. I'm learning about Parkinsons and politics and about Michael himself. I love memoirs, but I usually don't read memoirs about already famous people. I have no desire to read Get Happy the book about Judy Garland, or anything on Princess Diana. But when I was watching Oprah (no cable, remember that) and Michael was on, he said some interesting and uplifting things and it made me want to read his book. It's a fast, informative, and touching read.

I'm going to the Twins home opener tomorrow! I love baseball! And it's the last year in the Metrodome, which is a bit sad for me seeing as how I've grown up with the Dome. But I'm not that emotionally attached to it to not be extremely excited for new outdoor stadium! I've been to one outside game, a Saints game a few years ago, but I didn't pay much attention and I missed the first few innings. I'm excited for tomorrow. Baseball is such an easy game to watch, laid back, plus all the people watching and food make it all that much better!

I'm hoping that I wake up tomorrow and get to leave my winter coat at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment