Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A calm Wednsday evening

It's been so chilly and gloomy all day today. I woke up and then decided I didn't want to get out of bed. So I turned on the TV to watch ELLEN and there was a stupid news broadcast on this Swine Flu. Well that put me right back asleep. Until somewhere in the middle of The Price Is Right and my cell phone telling me I had a text, I woke up and chose to get my day going.

I did laundry. I cleaned my bathroom. I did grocery shopping and barely made it home under the weight of the bags. I vacuumed. I wrote. And thanks to a new website called pandora.com which is a free music internet radio, I found some music that made my creative juices just flow. It was great. I got a good rough draft done for my next assignment and even submitted something to a writing competition. And I also went to yoga. And then I walked home in the rain. Even with an umbrella all of me and my belongings are soaked. I was dressed warm enough, but still had wet toes and a wet yoga mat by the time I walked in my door.

Class tonight was very calming. We did a lot of long holds on poses and I really felt myself open into them after a while. I even did headstand again, without the support of the wall. I really like that one. I need to clear a wall space so I can practice that at home. Jane, my teacher says that she thinks I'm strong enough to do that pose with just supporting myself on my forearms. That makes me nervous, but I'll give it a go. Next time.

It's raining out. I like the rain. I just wish it was about 10 degrees warmer. I'm tired of having to wear a hat and scarf. But everything is getting so green and in just the last few days I've noticed that all the trees and plants are starting to bud. I love Spring. It's fresh and awakening. Right now I hear from outside and bunch of kids running around in the rain. I can almost see them if I stick my head out the window far enough. I used to love running around in the rain. I think I still do just haven't done it in a while. It doesn't rain much in the desert. I like hearing the cars drive through the puddles, and the rain plink against my window. And feeling a cool breeze blow in. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment