What am I thankful for on the one day designated to give thanks? Which, by the way, seems a bit silly to me. Why can't we be thankful every day?
I have so much to be thankful for, I'm thankful for my friends and family and good health, but I think all of that is a given. If you aren't thankful for your family and friends, something ain't right.
In nearly no particular order...
1. My mom. I wouldn't be able to get through anything without her. She was literally the driving force that got me back to Minneapolis to start fresh in my life and she has supported me every step of the way. She is my rock, my heart, my friend. Everyone should be so lucky to have a mom like mine. Thanks Mom! I love you!
2. My yoga class. It is the best thing I do for myself every week.
3. The fact that I have chosen to take public transportation. I am less stressed, more active, and get to engage with strangers in little tid bits of their life every day.
4. My girlfriend Kerstin. She is the girlfriend I have been looking for for years. I seemed to get dropped by fair-weather friends and Kerstin is a friend to the end. I can call her up when I'm bored or in tears and she will chat with me. And she is game for anything!
5. A job that I enjoy and that I can leave at work. I know so many people who take work home with them and I am so glad I don't have to do that.
6. My apartment. It's mine, all mine.
7. My writing class. I didn't think I had the ability to express myself with words as well as I have found I can through this class.
8. Water. Man, is that stuff good.
9. Laughter. "I love to laugh. Loud and long and clear." (from Mary Poppins)
10. Sleep. Warm and cozy under the covers. Napping with the sun coming through the windows. Cuddling. Ahhh sleep.