Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The first snow of the season

It's snowing! I love the snow! (I will however surly be singing a different tune come March, but whatevs.)

Another reasons I am glad I don't drive. Winter is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to drive in the snow. There is no waiting for the car to warm up, no scraping the ice from the windshield, no hoping you don't slide into the car in front of you at the stop light. It's great.

Being a bus rider in the winter is a very good lesson in patience. And in dressing in layers. And funny enough, I think the two go hand in hand. You need patience in waiting for the bus, as well as the layers when it gets cold. Staying warm helps with the staying patient. So does a book for that matter. Buses always run late during the first snow. As does everyone. So the best thing to do is remember that yes, we all have to get some where. But you're not going to get there any faster, but being impatient.

On a sort-of different note, I walked to and from yoga tonight, it was lovely! the snow is that light sparkly stuff that just shimmers under the glow of the street lamps. And the world just seems more quiet, tucked in for the evening when it snows. When I walk around my neighborhood, I look in peoples windows. Not in a gross way, or a peeping Tom way, just a curious as to how other people live. And tonight I saw a Christmas tree decorated in only pink lights! I loved it! Made me gasp in awe and adoration! And then it made the walk home that much prettier!

I have tomorrow off, and I'm going to be cozy in my new sweater, old wool socks, a book and some warm beverage. With the shades open to watch the snow continue to fall.

Sounds wonderful, huh?

1 comment: