Saturday, January 2, 2010

Not resolutions, ways to better myself

So last post was closing 2009. Then rightfully so this one should be opening 2010. Wow. 2010. That is weird.

I don't make resolutions like "I'm going to eat healthy" or "I'm going to loose 20 pounds" Or "I'm going to start running" One, I like to eat so I don't diet. I eat what I want and when I want, I'm just lucky that much of what I want is relatively good for me. And two, I don't think anyone should run unless being chased with a knife. I hate running. I'll walk till the day is done, but you want me to run? No thanks, I'll catch up with you later.

But I do have some new goals for the start of the year. And they are as follows...

I am going to volunteer. I'd like to volunteer at the Animal Humane Society but the bus doesn't conveniently get out there. And I have a hunch that I would come home with more animals than my little studio or my building's management would approve of. So I've been looking on line at hospitals and I'm going to try volunteering at Children's Hospital. I think it's good to donate ones time to help others, and I've been meaning to volunteer for years. This is the year that I make it happen.

I tend not to cook all that often. I also don't go out to eat too often either. If I don't have money to go out to eat, I generally don't have money to buy food for home either. I make do with what I have. But I've never been a big cook. That is going to change this year. I have all these pots/pans/dishes and I got a crockpot for Christmas this year. So I am making myself learn to enjoy cooking. That has been my issue the last year, it's no fun to cook for myself. I think I just need to change my attitude about it. Me and cooking in my teeny kitchen are going to become BFFs.

I'm going to budget my money even more than I did so last year. In years past I have gotten into a few financial woes and have learned some hard lessons. But I want to get a savings going outside of my 401 from work. So perhaps some time down the road, I don't have to literally live paycheck to paycheck.

And that is it. For now. Nothing about changing my body image, just about growing and becoming better than I am today.

2 comments:

  1. always growing, always reaching--wonderful ways to live life-very present moment--and that is all we really have, anyway. good for you, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete