Sunday, June 27, 2010

PRIDE and 3 good things

It's PRIDE in Minneapolis. I miss my boys that have all moved away to the bigger and bolder cities of Minneapolis. I wait for the year that they are all back in town and we can do up this weekend like we used to. Until then I celebrate without them but in honor of them. And in honor of choice, individuality, friendship and love.

I went to pride today with my beau and his girls. That was fun. We wound up in my usual spot on the same block as Rock Bottom Brewery. I have friends that I see once a year at that same location, a friend's parents come prepared with Bloody Mary's and we have a gay old time. Pun intended.

3 Good Things about Pride
1. The gay families that march in the parade. I get all misty eyed every time. Everyone deserves to be loved. No ifs, ands, or buts. There are people walking with signs that say "I'm proud of my lesbian daughter." and "I love my gay dad." Just makes my heart smile.
2. The people watching. There are some outrageous outfits, some shirts that should have stayed on the hanger, some skin that should be covered. But that is one reason this weekend rocks, you can go out like that because there is always someone dressed more worse than you.
3. I really think this is a weekend full of love. You see it in all forms, holding hands, kisses, hugs, laughter. We truly do live it up right. We eat, drink, and be merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment