Really Minnesota Senate? Really? How pig-headed, rude, unfair and absolutely ridiculous can you get? I am usually proud to be from this state, but today I am utterly ashamed. You need to realize that love and politics don't mix and to keep your ugly nose out of other peoples hearts.
It makes me sick to my stomach that someone thinks they deserve more than someone else. This is one reason that I will leave the state. I can not be a part of a community that makes it a law that one person can not love another. It's bullshit. Plain fucking bullshit.
Our senate needs to
1. Pull their head out of their own asses and realize there are more important things to fight for.
2. Pull their head out of their own asses and realize that there is more out there than their own ignorant beliefs.
3. Notice that this doesn't put a ban on marriage but instead it puts others a step below everyone else. This is NOT equal rights.
4. Open their eyes inside and out and notice that they are hurting people. Imagine being told that the one person you love more than anything has no legal say in your life. You and your partner can not take the final step in solidifying your relationship. Imagine a group of the population saying you are not worthy. It's awful.
5. Realize that you aren't just messing with grown adults who have thicker skin and hopefully know their place in the world, but you are messing with the future of young kids. Kids who, right now, are trying to figure out who they are, and with this news making the headlines, would you want to be open and out?
If you haven't heard or seen any of the It Gets Better Project, please click and support. We all need someone to stand behind us, and here is a whole community that stands behind choice.