Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Song Challenge Day 5

Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone. I do a have a few songs that stick out in my mind for a few different people. But my choice was almost no contest. Not just because of the song or who it reminds me of but because when I hear it, it takes me back to a fantastic time in my life. I used to go out with my wonderful friends to the gay bars all the time, we had a karaoke night for every night of the week. And my BFF Ryan would sing this song, especially if I requested it and sing it so well. It made my heart smile every time!

Hearing this song, not only reminds me of my friend but reminds me of a time in my life when I had the closest knit group of friends I could have asked for. I was young and carefree and my biggest decision for the weekend was what bar we were going to go to. Ahhh, memories.

I give you My Maria by B.W. Stevenson, but in my mind it will be Ryan Gustafson singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment