Monday, March 9, 2009

Little of this, little of that

I left rehearsal today in an excellent mood. Everyone is stressed out and nervous and worried things aren't going to get done, but me.... I'm doing fine. That is what happens when you come into a show two weeks from opening. It's all still new and exciting to you.

We have two days to run tech beore we open and I'm afraid tomorrow we won't get nearly as much done as hoped. But that is usually the way it is. Tech never gets enough time and always pulls through in the end.

As I was heading home (or to what is home this week. Last week I was dog-sitting at mom's and this week I'm cat-sitting at her neighbors. I miss my place.) Anyway, on the drive home I relaized I wanted to call someone to share my joy. Someone specific, a special someone, a love interest, if you get my drift. And if I could find words to make that not sound as Meg-Ryan-romantic-comedy-corny as it is I would use them. But alas, that is where I sit. Hoping for a romantic comedy twist in my life, and noticing I have a one-man show.

Don't get me wrong... I am truly enjoying where I am in my life, this is the happiest I have been in a year. I just sometimes wish for that one person to share all the joys (and sorrows for that matter) with. It's a nice addition to a life already well lead.

OK, I'm off my sappy soap box.

So I'm cat-sitting and despite the fact that the house is far too cold for my liking, it's great. As a matter of fact, one of the cats, Zeppo, is sitting on my lap, partially blocking the keyboard and purring. How sweet. Oop, now he's on the bookshelf. I have been tossing the idea around of getting a cat myself and this week I think will be a good test for me. Like I've said before, I'd rather have a dog, but any furry friend to greet me when I come home would be nice too.

I finished the book Lonesome Dove and lordy, was that a wonderful read. I cried a few times, was stunned when some events took place, and really fell in love with all the characters. I never thought I'd like a western, but there is a quote on the back of the book that even says "If you only read one western in your life, have it be Lonesome Dove." And I am sure I will pick this book up and read it again some day.

Now I have totally switched gears in genre of books and am reading one called I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and it's hilarious. That is if you like stupid-drunk-usually-involving-sex stories. I personally find that fairly amusing and so far the book is living up to all I have heard. I laughed out loud several times on the bus today. This book is a memoir of this guys drunken debauchery and it's ridiculously hilarious. However, so far I wouldn't recommend it to the more serious readers I know.

I'm going to go have a glass of boxed wine (don't judge, its delicious) and do some writing. Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment