Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sundays quiet thoughts

I'm sitting in my head today. I've got lots of thoughts running past, none stay long enough for me to work them into a writing piece. Here are a sample of my thoughts from today thus far, in no particular order.

1. Relationships and all that goes with them. Do we get into a relationship for the sake of being in one, or because who it's with? And why do they sometimes seem to take so much work? I understand they take work, but more often then not that line from keeping a relationship fresh and open to it not being worth it any more sometimes gets so fuzzy you can't see the difference. I think relationships and all the whys that come with them will forever be a great mystery.
2. I took my mom's dog to the dog park today. And watching him run so carefree made me smile. He literally had a grin on his face as he ran and ran through the snow. I'd give anything to be able to run that carefree again. I remember being a kid and running everywhere I went. Now I don't think anyone should run unless being chased with a knife. Well, not really, but that statement makes it funny. I'll walk till the day is done, but I really don't like running. Too jarring.
3. I am so glad I am home in Minnesota. I know I've been here for several months now, but that joy reoccurs to be every few days or so. There is so much to do, so much familiarity and yet so many new places and things to do that I've never been to before. It's just great to be back in my city.
4. I drove yesterday afternoon and OHMYGOD! People are assholes, get off your phone!, and use your damn blinker! I am so grateful that I take the bus where I can let someone else worry about traffic and I can read. But I'm even more grateful for my friends and family who pick me and take me places with them. I'm not saying I don't want to get a car again at some point, it's just public transportation is sooooo convenient.
5. I was talking with a girlfriend last night who had just come from a baby shower and all the other guests were married and moms. She and I shared a fabulous single girl moment about that situation. I went out to dinner with some friends last fall and they all were married with children. All the talk was birthing, babies, nipples, husbands, diapers, bla bla bla. I want to be a mom someday but lord, I hope and pray that I'll have something else to talk about. Life certainly changes when you add a baby to it.
6. I'm loving winter. It snowed about 8 inches last Thursday and everything is freshly white. Then the sun shines down and makes it all brilliant and sparkley. The earth is dormant yet underneath it all it's getting ready to wake to spring.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, as a parent, it is difficult to talk about anything else but those things mentioned in #5 because they are all-encompassing. I know I've bored many a friend with married/kid talks! And I have a job that I could choose to talk about! =)

    ReplyDelete