Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Using time to my advantage

I have a cold. I've spent yesterday in my jammies, going in and out of naps, and today involves the same. Although I am freshly showered now and a bit more aware of my day. I have confined myself to my apartment and I think it's a blessing in disguise. I haven't stopped moving since I moved back to Minnesota. I got a new job and dove into that right away. I moved and have been getting settled into my new place. Plus my mind hasn't stopped running around and around in the thoughts of my heart. All his busyness may be why I'm now sick. So now for the last 2 days I've been forced to sit and just be. Getting myself to stop and breathe has been a challenge. I find when I actually sit still I can't clear my head enough to figuratively sit still.

However I'm getting better at it. I have for the next 24 hours, time on my side (I'm off tomorrow and am hoping by then my cold will have been cured). The sun is shinning and is making the world a bright and beautiful place outside my window. I have been waiting for my thoughts to slow down enough for me to grab a hold of one and use it as inspiration to write something. But maybe I should just start writing and see what comes out. That is what all the books say to do.

Wish me luck. I have nothing on my schedule and that is a perfect opportunity to get the creative juices flowing. Here goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment