Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thoughts of the evening

I'm sitting in my apartment, hoping I'm not getting sick for the second time this month, listening to the non-stop bass of the girl above me and wondering about... well just wondering. And of course Friends is on in the back ground.

I have developed a small personality for the girl who lives above me. Our first and only encounter was only vocal. I was awoken by her LOUD music, so loud I swore it was in my apartment. No joke, I sat up thinking "Who turned on my radio and how do I shut it off?" So I wasted no time in getting my butt upstairs, knocking on her door and asking her to turn it down. Very bluntly, but I did say please. I think I scared the shit out of her, because she sounded like well, like I sacred the shit out of her. But now I hear her music on average once every other day, it's now just a low rumble. I have heard True Colors by Cyndi Lauper, Every Day by Dave Matthews, but I turn on my radio to drown it out when I hear Enya over and over again. Enya grates on my nerves. OK, so her small personality that I have invented is that I think she is a stripper. The only time I hear her walking around is when she has heels on. And her music comes on at the most random times, 4 or 5 in the evening, 10:30 or 11 at night, or something like 3:30 or 5 in the morning. I put the shoes and the music playing times together and came up with stripper. I'm almost positive that I'm wrong, but still. I like making up things about people, especially when all I know about them is through my ears.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve. I have a party that I'm going to with my friends Kerstin and Sommer. It's semi-formal and I'm wearing a strapless red dress and am planning on looking FIERCE! I'm very excited, and am hoping hoping hoping I feel all right tomorrow enough to go out. A pretty necklace, some cute black heels and a cute purse and I'm ready to dance the night away. And hopefully have some cutie buy me a drink or two and possibly kiss me at midnight! Everyone wants to be kissed at midnight, you know!

I got my latest writing assignment back and I got a much better response from my instructor than I expected. When I wrote it my mind and heart were on other things. But I guess I did better than I thought. And now for the next one, I get to revise and rework this last assignment into a full article. Wish me luck.

I'm reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and it is wonderful! In the beginning it was a very quiet story, a family and their dogs. But now things have taken a turn for the dramatic side, and it pulls on my heart strings. And it's even turning a but fantasy-esque. I'm so intrigued by this story, when things happen it's written so well that you don't quite realize what has happened. A bit like House of Sand and Fog. When the the climax hit in that story I had to go back re-read it because it was written so beautifully I couldn't believe that it had happened. And the story of Edgar is written in the same manner. Beautiful and dramatic and so smooth, it all flows so well.

One more day and it's 2009. Resolutions? I'm not sure. Goals, I think so, not sure yet. Big promises like that intimidate me. I don't want to set myself up to be disappointed. Oh maybe that is my resolution, not to let things get me down. Sounds good, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment