Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Look what I did!!

I have been wanting a new tattoo for a while now. And I have known what I want and where I wanted to get it. And in 10 days I turn 30. So I decided about a month ago that for my 30th birthday I would get my tattoo as a birthday present to myself.



Pretty cool huh?!

The boyfriend of a friend of mine at work is a tattoo artist and my friend had suggested I go to him. So I did. If you're interested it's Marx Barry at Aloha Tattoo in Burnsville.

My mom went with me. If only she had been in the back to hold my hand. Because f*** did that hurt! I don't remember my first tattoo hurting that much. I nearly passed out during the outlining. Marx let me take a break and got me some water. But I clenched the cushion of the chair the whole time. And just when I was going to ask for another breather, he handed me a mirror and told me to check out the finished product. I love it! It turned out so much cooler than I had imagined!

It's my own version of yin and yang. It's my strength and the ability to accept both the masculine and feminine sides of myself.

Yea for me!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Pretty. I love it. (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome -- it's so cool! I've heard of Marx, he has a great reputation. I *think* I'm getting my first tattoo next week. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete