Saturday, October 11, 2008

Early yoga and mid-day riding

I just did yoga for the first time in at least a year. It felt so good to be just in the moment.

I did have trouble finding the place, it's in a park center, in the middle of a park, near downtown. And the last time I went to yoga with this teacher she had her own space and was fully equipped with mats and supplies. This time it was just an empty room. Another student got there not long after I did and I asked her if she was there for the same class as me. She said yes and I tried to make conversation that it was my first time at this space, and I wasn't sure if I was at the right spot, and I mentioned that I didn't have a mat. As she walked away from me she said "Well you need a mat."

I sat down on a bench and almost started to cry. I had gotten up early, taken the bus down there and I didn't have the one crucial element to do yoga. I was really looking forward to it and didn't want to to have to leave because I was mat-less. Jane, the teacher was kind and let me use the spare and her friend that came with her used Jane's mat. So it worked out.

I am not nearly as flexible as I used to be. Time to get back into yoga! I used to be able to do more of the poses without shaking as much as I did today. But that is the best part about yoga, you do what works for you. And this park/studio place is about a 10 minute walk from my new apartment.

I got on the bus after grabbing some coffee in Uptown and sat next to some people who were speaking another language. I had no idea what they were saying but it was a very rhythmic sound to it. If their language could become something we could see or touch I imagined it as breezy window curtians with weights at the bottom so the fabric doesn't blow all over the place. The language just sort of blows in a rhythm but has a weight to it in it's tone.

There was also a very large man both in height and width in a wheel chair, with ear plugs in, and sound asleep. I hope he didn't miss his stop.

I love riding the bus, so many things to look at and listen to. My, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment