Monday, June 16, 2008

Day dreams

I love my job. I work in a bookstore, have fantastic discounts and benefits (more than just insurance), and for the most part get to talk to nice people. (I could blog and blog and blog about the ridiculous jerks that come into my department on an almost daily basis, but right now they don't deserve any more than what I've already given them.) But in my down time, I start to day dream. I twirl a pen around my fingers mindlessly and imagine what else i could be doing if I had all the money, time, and energy in the world.
Italy...
Drive highway one...
Sit in my favorite ugly red chair and read a good book with a mug of coffee by my side, sigh...
But lately it's been how can I read and write all the time.
Now keep in mind, not too long ago it was what the F am I going to do when I get home. But now I have more energy, more willingness to focus, and an itch to get out my thoughts.
Hence the blog.
How great would it be to be a book reviewer?! I get to read and write about what I read. Fan-freaking-tastic!
I've started to frequent the websites of some of my favorite writers and I cyber-flip through their pages and am happily envious. Someday, maybe I'll be a published writer...

No comments:

Post a Comment