Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This makes you think...

So I work in a bookstore and when I get bored or have an extra moment in between helping people looking for a book that "was on that table a few months ago. It was blue. Do you know what I'm talking about?" (Believe it, it happens. Anyway, when I have time I like to type in a keyword and see what kind of books come up. Kind of like a google search for just books. I have a found a book that everyone should look into. It's called "Not Quite What I Was Planning." It's a book filled with six word memoirs about random peoples lives. Some famous, obscure, and unknown authors. It's awesome!!

Here are two examples that I randomly turned to---
"Clueless meets Ophelia without the suicide" - Larisa Ballinger
"Wannabe heroine but just Plain Jane" - Tanya Holland

Pretty cool, huh? I challenge you to think about what you would say about your life if all you could say was six words. I'm still thinking of mine. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome... I want to read it!
    Have you figured yours out yet?

    ReplyDelete