Saturday, May 16, 2009

No plans set in stone

I woke up this morning without an alarm. Then went back to sleep for another hour. I love that. Dozing in and out of the morning. When I finally rose, the sun was shinning and from my window it looked like a nice breeze. I decided to have some coffee and then go riding around the city on my bike. Seemed like a perfect day for it with the sun and all.

Wrong.

It isn't a breeze, it is a wind. And it is cold. I got a few blocks on my bike and literally said out loud to no one "Screw this. I don't want to fight the wind the whole ride." So I turned around and came home.

I sulked for a bit, then decided to get out of the house anyway and find something to do. I got on the bus with very little bus fare on my card, rode it to the train station to put more money on it. Then thought, "What the hell? Get on the train and pick a stop to get off at." I got off at the Lake St. stop, and then remembered that Town Talk Diner is down that way. A friend of mine has raved about it so I decided to take myself out to lunch.

And boy am I glad I did. One, I had a yummy meal of eggs, taters and crispy crispy bacon. And two I ended up staying for an extra hour or so chatting with the cute bar tenders and cook. One of them made me a chocolate and real strawberry malt, and the cook said he'd trade me food for cook books from work. Deal.

It was fun to sit and chat it up with cute boys. A girl can never have to much! And it was a nice way to spend my afternoon.

I then got on the bus and rode it back to Uptown and then walked home. I had a hat on the whole time, stupid wind. But the sun shinning makes it worth while. Tonight I am going to a friend's choir concert and I'm off tomorrow as well. I have no plans and it's kind of nice. I just hope it warms up a bit. I want to wear tank tops and flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment