Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We only serve their coffee

I've stated this before. I work for Barnes and Noble. Not Starbucks. Not Starbucks.

If anyone would actually pay attention to the ginormous sign on both of our cafe windows and any window of a Barnes and Noble for that matter, they would see a sign that says "Barnes and Noble Cafe serving Starbucks Coffee"

Granted the "serving" part is very small and most people don't read and just see that stupid familiar green sign of that lady with the mermaid hair. (That is what I think of when I look at the Starbucks logo.)

Yet yesterday was great. I got a little bit of joy out of what happened. Someone came in to turn in an application. We sent her over to customer service. And then a co-worker said "I think that was a Starbucks application." And he followed her to see what would happen. And sure enough, she was told the same thing that I say at least 10 times a day.

"I'm sorry. This is a Barnes and Noble, not a Starbucks. We don't accept those." And she turned away, defeated.

Now don't think I wish ill will on this girl. But it surly doesn't look good for a person getting hired when they can't even pay attention enough to turn in the application to the correct business.

No comments:

Post a Comment